We all know how therapeutic having a dog around can be. They’re friendly, loving, and they have an amazing ability to make us feel better when we are down. Unfortunately, most of us have to leave Fido at home when we go to work. Some offices, however, are starting to allow people to bring their own dogs to work and others still have dogs that actually live in their offices full time.
While this may improve employee morale, having an office dog can also bring some challenges. If you’re considering allowing dogs in your workplace, you may want to check out the pros and cons first.
Pros of Dogs in the Workplace
1. Dogs can relieve stressand make employees happier and more efficient.
2. They provide a means of interactionthat employees can bond over.
3. Bringing a dog to work may save their owner money on doggie daycare.
4. Just like how your office furniture can say a lot about your company, allowing pets in the workplace can also improve your image.
5. Allowing dogs at work can be an incentive for animal-loving potential employees.
Cons of Dogs in the Workplace
1. Even the most well-trained dog can have an accident which may require you to replace a piece of office furniture.
2. Some dogs are noisier than others, and constant running around, barking, or whining can cause a serious distraction.
3. Even though their domesticated, dogs are still animal and, as such, can be unpredictable. If this results in an employee or client being bitten, you could face a lawsuit from the victim.
4. Allowing an office dogs or employees’ pets may require your HR team to spend time and money creating a pet policy.
5. Dogs have to take numerous walks throughout the day and that will require at least one employee to stop working.
6. Some people are afraid of dogs and others are allergic. If this is the case in your office, dogs may have to be restricted to only certain areas or not allowed at all.
7. If you have a small office space, a large dog may simply be too much to handle.
For some offices, having a dog around is a great fit, and for others they aren’t! One thing is for sure, most office dogs love taking naps under desks or on the office couch. And don’t forget, if your office dog has an accident or gets your office furniture dirty, Office Furniture Source provides onsite office furniture cleaning services for businesses all over Dallas, TX. Get in touch with one of our Furniture Consultants at 855-318-4311 to get a quote or schedule your furniture cleaning today.
Whether you work at home or in a traditional office, chances are you’ve experienced a lapse in productivity from time to time. Maybe it was because you were bored or unchallenged by your work that day, or maybe it was because you were too busy and simply weren’t able to sit down and focus.Regardless of [...]
It's rare to walk into an office and not see a computer. Nowadays, businesses cannot physically operate without them. In fact, computers are such a major staple in the modern workplace that most employees spend more time in front of a screen than they do not in front of one.That said, there can be lasting [...]
The overarching reasons to have an online business are convenience and flexibility. It puts the power back in your own hands and you in control.If you’re short on cash or still developing a plan to jumpstart your idea, starting an online business might be right for you because:1. It’s Inexpensive.To get started, all you need [...]
You're sitting there at your kitchen table in front of your laptop ready to start your day. Steam rises from your favorite coffee mug and you inhale the scent before taking a sip just as you notice the pile of dishes eyeing you from the sink. The sun peeks through your kitchen window as you [...]
The phrase, ‘Going Green’ often refers to the three R’s: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. But that’s only the start of it. When owning a business, it is important to investigate the ways in which going green can have a much larger impact on the environment.Check out these five energy efficient practices that can be quickly introduced [...]
You got a new job and you're excited to get settled in. You take time setting up your desk with the idea that you are going to be organized, clean, and basically perfect...and then work happens.Next thing you know, you’re shuffling through papers scattered on your desk just to find that one sticky note with [...]
Working in an office cubicle isn’t always fun or easy. You’re practically living right on top of your neighbors and, while you have a little bit of privacy, the close quarters sure don’t make it feel that way. So how do you enjoy your space while still maintaining a respectful environment with your coworkers?Try these [...]
If you don’t have your own office, you know that it can be hard to turn your desk or cubicle into a space that’s cozy and comfortable. But, with a little creativity and a lot of love, it is possible to turn your tiny workspace into one that’s warm, and inviting. Check out these simple [...]
For a business, cutting down on expenses is always a good thing. After all, if you can save money, why wouldn’t you? But just like how you have to spend money to make money, sometimes you have to spend money to save it as well.It sounds contradictory, but when it comes to office furniture storage, [...]