How to Make Your Small Office Seem Bigger
A small office is nice in many ways, but it can also make you feel cramped and claustrophobic if it’s not designed well. Many people think that designing a small space is harder than designing a large one, but in reality, that’s not true.
Reimagining your small office is easy and, with a few simple decorating tricks, you can make it seem much larger than it actually is. Take some of these tips into account when rethinking your small office space:
A redesign is the perfect opportunity to get rid of big, kulny furniture in favor of sleeker, more modern desks and chairs. Pro tip: buying glass furniture can make your space look even bigger.
- New coats of paint should be applied in cool, pale colors. Add a splash of artwork to your neutrally toned walls for an enhanced effect.
- Skip ceiling lights in favor of smaller desk lights. You should also be harnessing the power natural light has to enlarge a space by leaving your windows bare and not putting up curtains.
- Choose accent and storage pieces that have multiple functions. For instance, you could decorate with a set of nesting bowls or select a storage unit that can double as a bench.
- Adding some light colored or printed wallpaper to your ceiling can give it the illusion of being taller than it really is.
- Arrange furniture and rugs in horizontal lines or use striped accent pieces to make your workspace seem like it stretches even further.
- Place shelves near the ceiling to keep wall space clear and created an enhanced sense of vertical space.
- Incorporate mirrors here and there to encourage a sense of openness, transparency, and reflection.
You don’t need to take all these tips into account to make a tiny space seem huge. Implementing even a few can go a long way toward making your office feel bigger and improving your mood and productivity as a result.
Want to redo your office but aren’t sure where to begin? The expert Furniture Consultants at Office Furniture Source offer space planning services to clients throughout the Dallas, Texas area. All you have to do to get started is to give us a call and schedule a consultation at 855-318-4311.