Office Furniture Blog
The Benefits of Height Adjustable Workstations
If you work in a traditional office setting, by the time you retire, you will have spent years of your life sitting down. Sitting isn’t a bad thing in and of itself, but doing it for prolonged periods of time can lead to serious health issues, like obesity and metabolic syndrome.
You may be wondering how you avoid sitting at work. After all, you have your computer on your desk and a chair in front of it; what other option is there?
Well thankfully this problem can be solved with three words: Height adjustable workstation.
What is a height adjustable workstation? It’s an amazing tool for office workers that combines a standing desk with a height adjustable monitor arm. Not only does this kind of setup give you plenty of options in terms of adjustability, it’s healthier as well.
Not convinced? Check out some of the benefits standing desks and height adjustable monitor arms have to offer:
1. Standing up during work may reduce your risk of back pain, obesity, heart disease, high blood sugar, and cancer. There have been plenty of studies that address the effects of standing vs. sitting as they related to a variety of deadly diseases and health concerns.
2. Working at a standing desk can improve your posture and lessen eye strain. Just make sure to get your desk and monitor arm configured correctly, so that your screen is just above eye-level, requiring you to look up slightly to see it.
3. Height adjustable monitor arms are a great option for those who choose to stand at work. Why? Because no two work days are the same. Some days you will need to rotate your screen so a coworker can see it. Other days will be brighter, or have more glare shining on your screen, which may required you to move it up, down, left, or right or even switch from a vertical orientation to a horizontal one.
4. Standing desks can boost your mood, energy, and productivity. Who doesn’t want to be happier and more productive at work? Plus, if you can make the case for increased productivity, you may even be able to get your boss/company to buy a standing desk for you.
5. Adding a height adjustable monitor arm to your standing desk gives you another perk that may seem small but is actually quite useful: space. When your monitor(s) aren’t sitting directly on your desk, you have more surface area available for other items.
6. Standing while you work may help you live longer. In fact, those who sit at work are 49 percent more at risk for dying early than those who stand.
Ready to make the switch from sitting to standing? Office Furniture Source has everything you need, from standing desks and height adjustable tables, to monitor arms for traditional screens and laptops. And, if you’re not sure which products are best for your needs, you can always contact us at 972-242-1700 to speak to one of our Furniture Consultants.