Office Furniture Blog
In 2016, Millennials surpassed all other generations as the largest portion of the workforce. Wondering what Millennials are? Well, we are men and women who were born between 1980 and 2000, or 1981 and 1999.
Unlike the Gen-Xers and the Baby Boomers, we, Millennials have developed work characteristics and tendencies from doting parents, structured lives, and contact with diverse people. We are also viewed as the most connected generation in history and will network right out of our current workplace if our wants are not met. We are also computer experts and as such are connected all over the world by email, instant messages, text messages, and the internet which means job searching, business contacts, and friends are just a couple of key taps away. So to help all of the employers, here is a list of tips to help manage us.
11 Tips for Millennial Management
- 1.Provide structure. Millennials don’t need to be boxed in but we do need structure. Make sure to set due dates and have goals that are clearly stated.
- 2.Provide leadership and guidance. Millennials want to look up to you, learn from you, and receive daily feedback from you. We like to know the whole picture. We deserve and want your very best investment of time in our success.
- 3.Encourage the Millennial's self-assuredness, "can-do" attitude, and positive personal self-image. Millennials are ready to take on the world. Encourage—don't squash us or contain us. We’re out-of-the-box thinkers and are always looking to provide input and ideas. Encourage us to voice our thoughts and opinions.
- 4.Take advantage of the Millennial's comfort level with teams. Encourage us to join teams and provide a work environment that stresses teamwork. Millennials enjoy and are used to working in groups and teams. We believe a team can accomplish more and do it better.
- 5.Millennial employees are up for a challenge and change. We don’t like to be bored and seek ever-changing tasks within their work. What’s happening next is our mantra.
- 6.Millennial employees are multi-taskers on a scale you’ve never seen before. Multiple tasks don’t faze us. We talk on the phone while answering email and as well as replying to multiple instant messages—yes! This is our way of life. In fact, without many different tasks and goals to pursue within the week, Millennials will likely experience boredom.
- 7.Provide a life-work balanced workplace. Millenials are used to cramming our lives with multiple activities. We work hard, but we are not into the sixty hour work weeks defined by the Baby Boomers. Home, family, spending time with the children and families, are important to us. Don’t lose sight of this.
- 8.Provide a fun, employee-centered workplace. As Millennials, we want to enjoy work and the workplace. We enjoy making friends. Start worrying if your Millennial employees aren't laughing, going out with workplace friends for lunch, or helping plan the next company event or committee.
As the current driving force in the workplace, we Millennials, need to be taken into account. Let us know what you think of these tips by commenting below.
Is your desk a mess?Do you return to more clutter than you remember leaving in the first place?Don’t let your messy workplace impede your ability to get your work done.Right now is the perfect time to reclaim control of your workspace and ensure everything is in its place.Being well-organized has a host of advantages in your career. Here are our [...]
Feng shui is all about harnessing good energy and keeping away negative energy. When you cannot control many things like the direction your cubicle is facing, or the person sitting next to you and their décor, it can be a challenge to create good feng shui. Check out the tips below to uncover ways to practice good feng shui in areas that [...]
Whether you are moving offices or just want to update some of your offices, it’s important to stay on top of trends. Why? Because furniture shows off how good you’re doing as a company. We’ve compiled our top 6 office trends to look out for 2018. 1. Recharging Spaces More and more companies are providing employee benefits such as nap and [...]
Though arranging furniture seems difficult, it is often easier that you think. All you need to do is keep in mind these 4 tips. Keep the entryway clearCreate visual balanceDon’t take up all of your wall spaceBe conscious of traffic flowThat sounds easy enough right? But what does it all mean? Creating an open and airy space will help you feel better [...]
Whether you have a private office or your work space is part of open floor plan, chances are excessive noise has interrupted your workday. Conversations are one thing, but when you add ringing phones, humming computers, and droning copy machines to the mix, the noise can become unbearable.A noisy workplace is not only an inconvenience, it can be [...]
Refurbishing your office may not be as difficult as moving, but it can be expensive and stressful. That said, completing a refurbishment can improve employee morale and bring peace of mind that your space is as up to date and efficient as possible.Still not convinced? Check out these great reasons for refurbishing your office.1. You [...]
There are many things you can do to improve your office’s look and your employee’s morale as a result. For instance, you can stoc the break room with free snacks or drinks. Or, you can pick out some new desks and ergonomic office chairs to replace the old ones you’ve been making due with.While all [...]
The next installment in our “Working Comfortably” series has to do with your keyboard and mouse. You may think it’s just fine to plop these two items in front of your computer and start working away, but you’d be wrongThe truth is, where your keyboard and mouse sit, and where your hands sit as a [...]
The Holidays are fast approaching and we need to clean out our inventory in order to make room for new 2018 furniture! That’s why, just in time for Black Friday, we’ve started the Office Furniture Source End of the Year Clearance Sale.Now through mid-December you can get some of the office furniture on sale in [...]